Monday, 28 November 2011

87 year old Doris Day keeps fans smiling with "My Heart"

If anyone can be deemed a survivor, it's Doris Day! The beloved singer and screen actress has released a new album, "My Heart," available in the U.S. on December 2nd. Full of her favourite songs that she's recorded, and never-before-released recordings from the 1980s, the album is a must for any Doris fan. The album landed on the U.K. charts at #9 when it was released there, making her the oldest artist to do so! Go Doris! You're an inspiration to us all!

The album is dedicated to her late son Terry Melcher, who sings a track on the album as well: the beautiful "Happy Endings." You can sample it on youtube here:

Doris also serenades us with the tune "You Are So Beautiful." Recorded in 1985, the recording proves Doris never lost her voice... if anything, it got better and even more poignant with the years. Take a listen here:

I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this album! Doris Day fans are rejoicing everywhere! There can never be too much Doris Day in our lives!

Thank you Doris, for the gift of your longevity, staying power, talent, and for being the classiest of class acts. Get "My Heart" on December 2nd and smile like the always-beaming Doris Day!

2 comments:

  1. 'Happy Endings' is an absolutely beautiful track, only made more so by Doris's heartbreaking introduction. I didn't expect my favourite track on the album to be one that Doris didn't sing!

    I also adore 'Disney Girls' and 'Heaven Tonight' although, to be honest, there's not a dud track. This is Doris after all!

    I can't believe the UK got something before the US for once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Doris never sang anything badly! And I really love Terry Melcher's voice; I'm so glad she included it on the album! I love her take on "You Are So Beautiful" as well.

    And I know, at first I thought it wouldn't get a U.S. release!

    ReplyDelete